Remember To Make Memories At The Table

Remember To Make Memories At The Table

Nonna used To Say...

Got Agita? It's Not What You Eat; It's What Eats You



Sunday, June 16, 2013

Kielbasa with Spinach & Spaghetti


This is a lazy woman's meal. It sounds better if I said busy woman but that isn't the case, this time. When I worked full time, was raising a child, involved in a zillion committees, I wasn't as busy as I am now as a retiree. Honest.
Seniors would come into my office and tell me how busy they were, not a minute to spare. And I'd think, "Yeah, sure. I'd like to be as busy as this person." How fresh was I? Nonna's words would come to mind, "Spit in the air and it will come back in your face." In a milder sense of her words.
So here I am busier than ever with not a moment to spare...most of the time. BUT I love it. I'm busy because I want it that way. On any given day, I could shrug and say..."I ain't doin' that any more." Ah, the luxury of growing older.
The evening I cooked this recipe was a day that my dh got a call from a buddy inviting him to see a movie and grab pizza with a bunch of the guys. See, they are the R.O.M.E.O. club. Nah, nothing to do with romance...although of few of them "still-got-it". It stands for Retired Old Men Eating Out. Ray came up with that one...he's a funny guy. A group of women play Mahjong together and the husbands go out that night. Me, I savor the evening alone and cook whatever I damn well please.
So, there was leftover spaghetti in the fridge, a half a kielbasa and a bag of spinach. All the makings of a meal. It was quick, tasty and oh, how I hate to toss out good food. Must be the senior in me or the busy woman or the lazy woman....what-evahhh.

Kielbasa with Spinach & Spaghetti

Kielbasa: type of your choice turkey, beef etc
or any sausage will do. I use Hillshire ring
Spinach 2 hand fulls, washed
small onion, sliced (optional)
Spaghetti or any type of pasta,
leftovers will do fine
salt, (optional)
If you want to go crazy, add a Tblspoon of pine nuts or walnuts

Cut kielbasa into rings or pieces and brown in a skillet. Add onion & cook until tender. Add the spinach and let it cook until wilted. Add pasta to this and heat through. Add salt to taste. No need to add spices unless you want more garlic or onion taste, then add garlic and/or onion powder. The fat from kielbasa is enough to brown the ingredients in or you can add a touch of olive oil, if needed. Serve with a salad.
Can't get much easier than this!
Pin It
Remember To Make Memories At The Table


No comments:

Post a Comment